24.04.2015 / Hazard / GEM Faulted Earth
In this project we have used remote sensing data, calibrated where possible with detailed published studies, to create a GIS shapefile of the fault traces at a scale of 1:200,000, and have attributed traces or fault segments from the published data.More →
23.04.2015 / Hazard / GEM Faulted Earth
A long time coming, the up-date of the report characterising the global subduction zone interfacesMore →
28.01.2015 / Exposure & Vulnerability / GED4GEM - Exposure Database
The full set of GED4GEM deliverables are available from the zip file attached below.More →
01.10.2014 / Exposure & Vulnerability / GED4GEM - Exposure Database
This report, produced in the context of the Global Exposure Database for the Global Earthquake Model (GED4GEM) project, outlines the methodology proposed by GED4GEM partner Geoscience Australia to determine the replacement cost for buildings, with a global focus.More →
Follow GEM's most active groups
To follow and unfollow groups you can also go to Personal Settings > Email Notifications to follow groups of your interest.
- Call for applications - EEFIT research grants
- The EEFIT Research Grant supports short-term projects that will benefit earthquake (and related hazards) disaster mitigation and post-disaster reconnaissance efforts.
- GEM Nexus restyling
- GEM Nexus has a new look and feel, fitting with new branding; other than that.. nothing changed!
- New Nexus group on Social Vulnerability & Resilience
- A project on Social Vulnerability and Resilience for GEM has recently taken off, in order to support GEM's mission of producing a holistic global earthquake risk model and tools to estimate the impact of earthquakes on economy and society.